The Annals of Respiratory Medicine currently considers the following article types:
- clinical and experimental research
- original articles
- short reports
When assessing the work, please consider the following points:
1. Is the question posed new and well defined?
2. Are the methods appropriate and well described, and are sufficient details provided to replicate the work?
3. Are the data sound and well controlled?
4. Does the manuscript adhere to the relevant standards for reporting and data deposition?
5. Are the discussion and conclusions well balanced and adequately supported by the data?
6. Do the title and abstract accurately convey what has been found?
7. Is the writing acceptable?
Please make your report as constructive and detailed as possible in your comments so the authors have the opportunity to overcome any deficiencies that you find.
Confidential comments to Editors
As a safeguard against pseudoscience, you have the option, in addition to writing a negative review, to alert the Editors-in-Chief (email@example.com) that, in your opinion, a particular manuscript is not a legitimate scientific work and therefore should not be published in any form. The Editors-in-Chief will make the final decision in such (rare) cases.
Declaration of competing interests
All reviewers should declare their competing interests in relation to the manuscript they are reviewing. Your peer reviewer declaration should be included in your report.
In the context of peer review, a competing interest exists when your interpretation of data or presentation of information may be influenced by your personal or financial relationship with other people or organizations. Reviewers should disclose any financial competing interests but also any non-financial competing interests that may cause them embarrassment were they to become public after the publication of the manuscript.
When completing your declaration, please consider the following questions:
- Have you in the past five years received reimbursements, fees, funding, or salary from an organisation that may in any way gain or lose financially from the publication of this manuscript, either now or in the future?
- Do you hold any stocks or shares in an organisation that may in any way gain or lose financially from the publication of this manuscript, either now or in the future?
- Do you hold or are you currently applying for any patents relating to the content of the manuscript? Have you received reimbursements, fees, funding, or salary from an organization that holds or has applied for patents relating to the content of the manuscript?
- Do you have any other financial competing interests?
- Do you have any non-financial competing interests in relation to this manuscript?
If you can answer no to all of the above, write 'I declare that I have no competing interests' in your report. If your reply is yes to any, please give details.
All fields are required